Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23

There are not one, but TWO dive centers in Playa del Carmen, Mexico with HA in their names! Lucky HA me!
First we have Tank Ha Dive Center
and then Dive Center Cyan Ha
So, for those underwater breathing challenged friends of mine....you may be wondering what it is like down there. Well, let me tell you, it is absolutely amazing. You really feel like you are entering a world so not our own. Nothing I can imagine comes close to the feelings that I have when I dive.
I learned to dive many years ago from two friends. They trained me with a semi-hard hand...always joking around with me in a way that helped me really learn my stuff.
I went for my first open water dives in a quarry in Pennsylvania. Basically, mucky water and hardly any visibility. Kinda made me think...and I am doing this why??
Then I went to Cozumel on my first open sea water trip...and WOW! Way to hard to describe...it was unbelievable, amazing, enchanting...well all the incredible words you can ome up with...that's what it was.
The life down there is so cool to watch. I like to watch how the animals interact, when they hide, what they feed on, how they swim...ah, how cool it is!
I have been fortunate to dive in many wonderful places....and hope to dive in many, many more. Our next dive trip is to the Maldives... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

My best friend wants to learn how to dive. Then are you ready for this? She wants to do a cage dive with a great white!

Glad you enjoy diving BG!
Happy Tuesday!

marine's words said...

I have never dive too scared but I have been to cozmel its so beautiful the water its so clear its a very pretty place to see. marina

Coffee Slut said...

I have never been diving ...heck, I can't even swim! I envy you!
Great post!
Happy Tuesday!

CIELO said...

You're so lucky to be able to live so close to the ocean.... although I have to say that I prefer the mountain... I'm a land girl, and even if the sea is so appealing to some, it's kindda of scary and lonesome to me... I always prefer the green of the earth... :)

And by the way, that tarnished silver pot on my new banner is not the one I recently purchased, this one is larger, and it has feet--some type of lion or some animal feet.... I love it too!

Cielo

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Like Cielo said, you're so lucky you live near the ocean. I've never gone diving. It sounds heavenly!

Scriber's Web said...

Maldives is gorgeous. You'll love it.