Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Free...

My daughter got her cast off today...
she is still holding it quite gingerly.
I can't imagine how it feels now. It almost seems like she still can't move it. She is so ready to play, but she still needs to be extra careful...not something easy with a super charged, goalie, ball playing, tennis loving girl!
One funny thing was, that when they took it off, she had an eraser stuck down in it! She has very skinny arms anyways, so the top of it was quite loose. It must have fallen down there one day.....
it actually left a mark, sort of like a cut.
So, right before we went to get it taken off, I noticed that she looked tired, or feeling down...Her head was leaning on the window as we dropped my son off to take his tennis class. I asked her, "are you tired? or is something wrong?" and she says (in her little voice): "no, I just had a really long day..."
Boy, don't we all have one of those sometimes.
Well, good thing it is finally off!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Boy that went so quick!! I'm glad it is off of her & hope that she feels all healed!

lizzy-loo said...

oh, she is sweet. glad that she is free. I am sure she will be in the mix before you know it.

Scriber's Web said...

Glad that she no longer has a cast.

Too funny about the eraser. Although it might have been uncomfortable. Poor thing!

Anonymous said...

So glad for her it's off. Poor thing...hopefully she gains strength quickly.

PJ said...

It will take a little while to lose that "wounded" feeling. But in a couple of weeks, she'll not even remember in on a regular basis.