Thursday, September 4, 2008

creature feature...

Last night we had a visitor in our house...
I was sitting in my living room reading a book and noticed my cat staring at the ceiling.
Now this usually means that there is a fly, moth or some small creature that I can't even see, but that she is looking to snack on.
Well, last night, we didn't let her attack because it was this:
Yes, a beautiful butterfly floated into our home.
My daughter was amazed and being that she loves animals, of course found a hat. For what you ask?
She figured that her Papa could get on a ladder, catch the butterfly in her hat, and set it free.
Which is exactly what her Papa did.....
:)

5 comments:

CIELO said...

This is a beautiful photograph.... it almost look like a painting, you should submit it to a contest :)

ps: regarding your question on my blog, you need to send me one photo of your window so I can link it to your blog and have all my visitors come visit your blog... remember, you need to post more pictures of your windows (any window) so people can enjoy! See you at the party!

cielo

Jodi said...

That is so cool that a butterfly came into your house - maybe that is a sign of good luck! I'm glad you got to set it free. Your daughter is SO smart!

Coffee Slut said...

Awww ....that's so sweet! I love butterflies!

lizzy-loo said...

beautiful, i lived somewhere once where on a daily basis hummingbirds would flit in and out of my door. it makes you feel somehow connected to the greatness of the earth. nature is amazing.

PJ said...

Absolutely beautiful