Monday, October 25, 2010

Lunch, the old fashioned way

I remember when I was in grade school, my Grandma came to pick me up every Wednesday for lunch. We used to go to a really close restaurant called the Point View.
It is such a special memory that I still hold onto today.

Today, my children came home for lunch, as they will every day while we live here. It was nice to see them, hear about their day and their new friends, teachers and subjects. It was really good to see what they are actually eating for lunch.
Plus, since they ate fairly quickly, we got to finish our game of Yahtzee!

Change can be good...

5 comments:

mythopolis said...

It sounds like things are working out nicely there! Great!

I had some lima beans at a restaurant the other day that reminded me of my grandmother, and the way she prepared lima beans (with a bit of bacon drippings, and little bits of bacon).

Glad you posted the clocks to the right...helps me to get perspective on your day!

Nicole said...

Oh, I'm so happy it works out for you guys and you have a good time along the way!

FancyHorse said...

It's nice that you can have this time together in the middle of the day. Your children will remember these days with fondness!

Fabiola said...

I am so happy to read you are adjusting well. I hope you can find good friends too ; )

Anonymous said...

hey BG, Yeah, you have internet now. It's so important isn't it? It keeps us connected and we can see what's new with you. Your new "home" looks very nice. You can't saying camp and I am expecting to see tents. :) When we were first married, my husband used to come home for lunch everyday. It was nice. Enjoy that time with your children because pretty soon they will be teenagers and being seen with Mom and Dad is the worst. LOL. xoxo Lynn