Saturday, October 23, 2010

Freedom

It is a word that has much meaning in our lives and in our society...

for me and my family right now, it is the pure joy in my children's voices.

"Mom, she's here!"
"Mom, I'm going out for a walk to see who is out in the neighborhood so that we can play"

They had this when they were very young, but for the last 8 years, it has been a task to call and make a "date" with their little friends, find them a ride or drive them there ourselves, and then going back for them, or having someone pick up their child from our house.

Now, it seems like they are little birds that have just found their wings and
are already experts at flight!
It makes it so enjoyable to be here.

8 comments:

BLOGitse said...

that's how kids should live...free to run and play...
Happy weekend!

Betty W said...

THAT is exactly the reason we moved to Paraguay. Life is so much simpler here for kids and it´s such a pleasure to see them enjoy this freedom.
I´m glad your kids get a taste of it over there too.

mythopolis said...

Sweet to think about and imagine!

larkswing said...

That is great- a lightening as a parent :)

Gabriela said...

I know JUST what you mean-that's been one of my favorite parts of moving back.

Miss you-it's weird to think you're not in Rio anymore.

Is it cold there?

Jientje said...

I'm glad you arrived safely and that you and the kids like the new place.
I LOVE your new haircut by the way!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Nicole said...

I am sooo glad for you and the kids that you can have some freedom!
:)

Fabiola said...

It is so good to hear they have this kind of freedom. I can see the same (or at least partially the same), on the kids on my neighborhood, since I live in a closed gate community. But the only reason, they have freedom, it is because we live in a closed gate community; )

I am happy to read you are enjoying.