Thursday, January 28, 2010

Camera update

Well, the decision has not been made yet, but it seems like many people enjoy their Canon.
I am going to try them, see which one feels better in my hands and choose from there.
I hear that Canon is more for a beginner....
Nikon is harder to use...
ah, the discussions are endless.

So, what seems on paper to me is that, depending on the model, they are basically the same bodies with the same gadgets, controls...tweaked a little this way for one, a little that way for the other.

So, when I get a chance to try them out in a store I will decide which one I like, or which one feels, best. Then comes the task of convincing my husband of letting me get another new camera device. Remember last summer? Well, I got a video recorder with an underwater housing that cost more than the camera! But I got some great footage from our trip to Fernando de Noronha with that...I will post that soon!

6 comments:

mythopolis said...

I would LOVE to see some underwater video!

BLOGitse said...

We're waiting!

I posted how to protect photographs if you're interested...

Happy Thursday!

Nicole said...

Check also that the right software comes with it.
You want to shoot in a format called RAW sooner or later if you get a DSLR and I've heard that Canon sometimes doesn't deliver the software to work with it.

And hey, I grabbed my Nikon, turned it on and started shooting ;)

Anonymous said...

Go to the Dpreview site. Lots of info. The better cams make RAW files+ JPG files. Others just JPG. You can squeeze better pix from raw than jpg, using programs like Lightroom and DXO (there's also freeware). For compact cams, Canon has a better control layout (cams with RAW!). DSLRs, see what fits your hands and is not slippery. Never buy a camera with frequently necessary adjustments buried under layers of menu options. If adjustment has it's own button, so much the better, even if crowd of buttons makes cam SEEM complex. Sit in a chair and play with camera until you know all the controls. See who has better quality at high ISO, take pix of people in their natural state without flash with high aperture nonzoom lenses (you'll be amazed how ambient light can be beautiful). Most of all, have fun.

Amilcar

tattytiara said...

Ooh new camera shopping - have fun!

Ballerina Girl said...

Wow, thanks for all the info everybody...anonymous, you sound like you know a bit about all this:) Thanks!
BG