Friday, August 8, 2008

:(

Well, just a little after 8 in the morning, I get a call from the school nurse. Never a happy moment in my life.
My girl, all of 7 years old, skirt/dress-loving, sweetheart, may have a fracture at her wrist.
Let me describe her....
she loves to wear skirts or dresses, put on the occasional lip gloss, perfume, cream, plays with her stuffed dolls, pretty little girl...
BUT, she also loves to play with the boys. I don't know if this is because of her big brother, or what, but she is a tomboy in a skirt!
I don't mind. She has a lot of confidence and can hold her own against anyone.....
but as the boys get older and stronger, maybe being the goalie in their soccer was not the best idea....
4 weeks, poor girl. She is upset most about missing her tennis and art classes, but I don't think it hit her yet that she can't go into the water at the beach. She loves the beach too....

5 comments:

PJ said...

Aiy! Last year my then 7-year old fell off the monkey bars...loves to dress..borrows my jewelry...but loves to climb, etc. She broke her elbow!! Had to stop guitar and gymnastic classes. Sigh! At least she can still dress up and look pretty--and get lots of sympathy!!! Take a Sharpie to school...everyone will want to sign it!!! :)

Jodi said...

Awww, bless her heart. The poor girl! I'm sorry she got hurt. A month isn't so bad though..but I'm sure she is frustrated & unhappy. Here's hoping she recovers soon and isn't in any pain.

marine's words said...

came by to say hi !
you have really been posting I have miss out ,but enjoyed getting caught up :)

hope to be bloging again soon August feels so crazy and its really staring to get really hot and I am ready for the kids to be back in school .
sorry to hear about your daughter its so hard on them when they are use to being so busy.
marina

Karla said...

Awww! That's a darn big cast!

PJ said...

I like your solutions for my tiny space. I'm definitely doing something to smell good -- and probably a waterfall--although the sound machine sounds good too!