Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy 50th!





This past Saturday, June 28, 2008, was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  We went to a pretty restaurant, which happened to be where my wedding reception was.  It was so much fun!
I explained to my kids about our reception, and their question was:
"what's a reception?"  So cute!
The restaurant has a beautiful view of the city,
even though it rained quite a bit while we were there.
My daughter took  this picture!


My Mom and Dad danced to "Unforgettable", dedicated to them. 
They looked so sweet dancing in each other's arms. 
50 years....
it seems unreal to think about even being around for that long!
I guess we all have our destinies planned...
I hope mine includes a 50th wedding anniversary :)

5 comments:

PJ said...

I hope mine includes a 50th as well. We will be celebrating 39 in October. Yikes!! That makes me really old. But that's okay...I like breathing and old is the result of lots of breathing! LOL

marine's words said...

How lovely to see your parents married after all these years !they look so happy!!! Where are you the picture really looks nice are you up east?
I hope you are having fun.hugs,marina

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! I wonder if as many people will reach that 50 year milestone in the next generations. We hope too! Have a wonderful time visiting family!

Gabriela said...

What a sweet post! Congrats to your parents, I can't wait to meet them.

hope you are having fun!!!

andalucy said...

Very sweet! They look great. I would love to have a 50th, too.