Saturday, February 12, 2011

A new life begins

This title is what my daughter said when she saw the first picture of my new niece. It gave me the shivers to hear her say this. It is such a precious gift that we receive when a new child is born into this world.

Her and the new Mom, my niece, are doing very well. She is healthy and oh so tiny...only 6 lbs 1 oz! My kids were almost a full 2 lbs more than her at birth!

She is beautiful and I am longing to return to see her and hold her in my arms...
I am now a Great Aunt!
How cool is that title!

5 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Wonderful news! May this little one and her family be blessed. Such an exciting time for all of you!

Gabriela said...

Yay! Congrats to all of you.

(Great Aunt?, you must be way older than me :) )

Speaking of family relations, do I have some sister stories for you!

mythopolis said...

How great for your children to observe a new life coming into the world!

Fabiola said...

Congratulations Great Aunt!!! This title does not suit you at ALL ; )

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, BG!!! New little ones are always such blessings to a family~