Thursday, May 6, 2010

One fourth or alternate title: A new record

What does one fourth mean to you?
1/4 tsp. of salt is often used in recipes, especially with baking powder because it helps it activate.
1/4th, or one quarter...could mean three months of the year; as in the first quarter earnings.

Well, let's discuss what it meant to me today.
1/4th of my day was spent at the hair salon.
Yes, figure it out:
24 hours in a day, 1/4th spent in a hair salon.
Equation:
24 divided by 4 = 6
Yes, you read right....6 hours

I spent 6 hours having my hair done today. So, now do you understand why I feel so busy this week even if I am having the luxury of going to the hair salon?

6 hours people...
do you realize what can be done in 6 hours? :
My project could have been finished (now for tomorrow)
The packing could have been completed without having to bother my husband tonight
We could have had a homemade dinner instead of eating out for my husband and kids, and leftovers for me.

Ah the lists could go on...both of them.
See, my hair dresser was sick from a reaction from the H1N1 flu shot yesterday. He had to change my appointment until today.
What does he do for 6 hours...well, do you really want the rundown?
I think not...

Does it look good? Yes.
Was it worth it? Sort of...
It also was really expensive, even after the 10% cash discount. Don't ask how much...just trust me!
So, my plans changed for the whole week, but it still has been packed full. Tomorrow I am not going to swim, nor take my tennis class (a very discouraging by product of having to switch my hair appointment). I will post my project once it has been completed...

Off to admire my way too expensive, 1/4 of a day, 6 hour hair cut, color and blow dry.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--that is a crazy amount of time. Can we see it?!

mythopolis said...

Hopefully, the results are sensational! As a guy, I can't quite imagine. It takes me 2 minutes to brush my mop out of my eyes and then about 10 seconds to contemplate whether to shave today or not. I decided not, since I am not going anywhere today, and my dog doesn't care how I look! Anyway, that's a guy for ya. I am sure you look simply great!

BLOGitse said...

I'm in a hurry but wanted to come and say hi! Started to look for a new place to live today. Next 'hunting' starts in half an hour...

BLOGitse

Richard Lawry said...

Shouldn't we get to see the results? :)

An Arkies Musings

Fabiola said...

I bet your hair is looking gorgeous!!! But, he is so Carioca ; )

I hope you are having a great time in US!!!

Scriber's Web said...

I have to confess that I recently got a Japanese perm and got my hair straightened. It took 6-7 hours! But I love, love, love it! When I wake up in the morning, my hair looks gorgeous. No more bed head! And no more umanagable curls! Since I knew that I was going to spend a ton of time there, I asked my friend Alex to hang out with me for a little while. She was there for a couple of hours and we just gabbed. Then I returned phone calls, answered emails, planed for my trip to Hawaii. I love my IPhone!

This was the first time I spent so much time on my hair but it was worth it! You have to tell us what you did:)