Friday, March 19, 2010

A few favorites



Here are a few of my favorite statues from Recoleta Cemetery.

I find them to be striking, with such an impact when I saw them, that I had a mix of emotions...

How beautiful, touching, filled with sorrow and hurt, sadness and even showing the beauty of life..

No one, (at least in my opinion), is prepared for death. You can be sick for a long time and know that you are terminal...you may accept the fate that God has bestowed upon you, but still...
no one knows what is awaiting them exactly....yes, my personal beliefs tell me that there will be a beautiful Heaven with God accepting me into his Kingdom, where I can reunite with my lost loved ones and live forever....

but I still believe that no one is ready for death to come...
I have lost all of my Grandparents, and I do miss them...I have not lost anyone, though that is of my immediate family...I am a little afraid truthfully to feel the emptiness that death brings. I know it is a part of life, and that we all have a finite time here on Earth. I will deal with it when it comes, but this statue for me shows what I imagine my emotions over death to be, and is my absolute favorite:

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Im loving your pictures from Recoleta! And you are right, the position of the statues evokes emotion and Im sure it is even more stunning in person! Sidnei and I are trying to plan our trip next year for Buenos Aires, so I have been loving reading about your trip!

Jientje said...

This post moved me, indeed, none of us know what happens after death and I'm also very afraid of the emptiness I will most certainly experience when I loose one of my loved ones.

In answer to your question, I use Photoscape, it's a free photo editing program and I use it all the time, there's lots and lots you can do with it. Just download it, it's free. You can find the collages on "page", then press edit and then you can add a phrame or add your water mark. It's really user friendly. Let me know if you like it, okay?

mythopolis said...

These are some really provocative shots. Nice camera work, the power of the subject matter comes right on through!

Scriber's Web said...

Beautiful shots! What an amazing place!

Gutsy Living said...

I do think of death and the loss of a loved family member. I lost my mother when I was 25, and worry about my husband and kids, but fortunately not about my death. I am glad to hear that you also have a place in Florida. Don't you love Key West? How long will you spend there a year?

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
((Hugz))) I was so happy and blessed when you came to visit, I have missed you my friend. You are right , tomorrow is not promised to no one and When that time comes we have so much to look forward to in Heaven.

Hugz Lorie

FancyHorse said...

I am really enjoying your "travelogue" of Buenos Aires, beautiful pictures, thank you!

I agree, I think we all have mixed feelings about death, even Christians, tho we know that heaven is so much better than earth, that "eye has not seen nor mind can conceive the glories and the wonders" (not sure I quoted that accurately, I tried from memory), still, it's hard to think of leaving all that we know and are familiar with. I'm not worried about my own death, but I have loved ones here who need me, my mother and my husband, and I will miss them and be sad if they go before I do.

About the meme on my blog - it's meant for sharing, please post it on yours. I would love to see your answers!