Monday, November 14, 2011

Making pasta

If you remember from last Christmas, my best present was my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
Well, we have been using it to the max...

Now we are making our own pasta!
It is fairly easy, just a little time consuming. but hey, here on camp there isn't much to do, so we have plenty of time.

First you start by making the dough

then roll it out with the roller attachment

hang it to dry

then switch to various cutter attachments:

this is our fettucini:

and here is our ravioli
So fun, and so yummy!

8 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

That looks so yummy! I've been thining about getting one too. Maybe Santa will bring it for me:)

mythopolis said...

The whole process looks interesting. I really like the idea of making my own ravioli!

Fabiola said...

I love the idea of making fresh pasta, as I grew up with a Grandma who did this all the time. But I never had the guts to it myself.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.

Gabriela said...

Yum! I love your drying rack-when I used to make pasta I would have it hanging over all over the kitchen chairs. Probably not that sanitary. :) Oh well, you boil the noddles, right?

The ravioli thing is cool-I don't have that.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I've only done it once by hand and it was so delicious. I think I do need to get that KitchenAid!

FancyHorse said...

The concept of making one's own pasta seems foreign, but fascinating to me! I had a roommate from Thailand when I was in grad school, who made her own noodles for a dinner she prepared for her friends. Before then, I hadn't known that people could make their own pasta!

Abby said...

Yum! I've been thinking about getting the pasta attachment for my kitchenaid. Does hte pasta taste way better than store bought? I'm guessing so, but I've never made my own...:)

Anonymous said...

The pasta looks delicious and I have to say tasted delicious! Thanks for letting us sample more than our shares worth, made with loving hands!