Sunday, October 16, 2011

A stroll through the village

The weather was so beautiful the other day that Bella and I went for a stroll, camera in hand.
The path felt like it was lit by the sun bouncing off the trees and houses.


This is a beautiful time of year, and one that I have missed since being in tropical locations before we landed here in Atyrau, just about one year ago.
The colors are turning, bringing the beautiful Autumn reds and yellows:


The seed pods make a calm, rustling noise as the cool breezes rush through them.

Bella was surprisingly patient while I took my photos, but then again, she had fun with this cat that was frightened of her
The last of the roses are finishing up their blooms
and the butterflies are drinking their last sweet nectar before the cold winds and icy snowflakes begin to drop....
I hope Autumn lasts a little longer!

8 comments:

Fabiola said...

The colors are gorgeous!!! Enjoy fall and I hope it does stay longer for you ; )

mythopolis said...

It looks beautiful there. Here, we are just approaching peak color, but I'm not sure if it will flame out like last year since we've had so much drought.

FancyHorse said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope the cat wasn't too traumatized :-)

Unknown said...

The paths look absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Awww....look at the kitty in the tree. I enjoyed my walk BG. It is indeed, very very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Th camp you live in looks absolutely beautiful. How lucky are you?

I also hope that fall lasts a little longer for you.

Surfer Dude!!

Gabriela said...

How fun to see your complex. Beautiful photos. :)

Miss you!

Fabiola said...

I'm thinking of you this am. I hope all is well.