Monday, October 26, 2009

A confused feathery friend....or am I clueless?



I never grew up near a farm, and only drove by them occasionally. They are an essential part of our country and yet, I have no inkling about them.
So that's why I would like to ask those that may know....

is it normal for a rooster to cock-a-doodle-doo every hour starting around 2am?

That's what a little furry friend has done the past few days that I have stayed here in the hotel! I am not in the house yet...hopefully today. The seller is taking his time moving out his belongings. I can appreciate the need to hang onto the house for a day or two more...it is that special!
I am going there this morning to receive the mattress that I will sleep on tonight. So let's hope he is done by this evening!



8 comments:

mythopolis said...

Ha ha! Yes, that 's what they do. It's like they have insomnia and want company! How fun, you are almost in your new house!!

BLOGitse said...

a rooster! autch! what a pain...yes, they are noisy and often...

can't wait to see pics of your house!

Stephanie said...

That is one of the hardest things I had to get used to here in Brazil. Our neighbors have roosters and when I first arrived they kept me up all hours of the middle of the night! It drove me crazy!! Thankfully now, I dont hear them!

Jientje said...

After a while you don't hear them anymore. Hang in there.

Heidi said...

They crow until the cows come home and if there are no cows...well...and if there are...they crow incessantly- let's put it that way. They also will attack you, so don't go near them. I suffered a rooster attack just about one month ago. suffered mentally more than physically- but still...they're nasty.

Betty W said...

Luckily your moving out of the hotel soon! Because yeah, that´s what they do! I´m glad none of our neighbors have any!

Nicole said...

Maybe they imported him from Europe?
;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed so that you can move in quick!
:)

FancyHorse said...

My husband's grandmother was attacked by the family's rooster, ... and he was put in the pot with dumplings and eaten for dinner! Of course, it WAS their own rooster!

Nice of you to be so patient with the sellers. I hope you and your family will be happy there.