Saturday, November 8, 2008

Funny maid story

I was talking with my maid today. We were talking about Mr. Obama winning the election, whether I voted for him and who she liked.
Well, she said most people that she knows, including her, are so happy that Obrahma won. No, that was not a typo!
I asked of course why she called him Obrahma...and she told me because that is how people call him here.
??? Why ??? I asked.
Ok, here's the funny part:
She said that one of the popular beers with her friends is Brahma beer. Therefore, since they like that beer so much, and since they like Obama so much, they just decided to call him Obrahma!
Funny or what? Nicknames are big here, so I guess that only makes sense here in Brasil :)

8 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

LOL. Too funny!

Jodi said...

That is funny!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

That is too cute!!

andalucy said...

I bet he'd get a kick out of that!

PJ said...

Very funny. It's always an education to have foreign nationals comment on American politics. They sound.... (Probably like I sound commenting on politics from another country!!!)

Gabriela said...

That's funny-I haven't heard it, but I have gotten the feeling that a lot of people are happy about the outcome.

Harmony said...

hi dear!u have really a nice blog!hmm i like changes too like Obama-or Obrhma..ha ha!hmm ur orchid love is cool!take care!

Brenda said...

I found you over at Susannes and was scrolling through your old posts when I found this one. Take a look at how Paraguay spins Obama's name http://www.brendasblogfromparaguay.com/2008/11/election-party.html

If you have a label for funny maid stories, I will be following your blog. Maid stories are among the best :)