Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Things...



I just commented to Gabriela how I have been such a bad blogger...
so here I am, trying to be better :)

What has been happening in my neck of the woods?

My daughter's class, along with Gabriela's son, has their play this week. So, I have been to all the performances, helping out, filming, etc...
They are doing a play based on the book "Chocolate Fever". It is really cute they way some of them act...Gabriela's son is very funny as a truck driver with a mullet hairdo, cut off sleeves and a great delivery of his lines. My daughter is the nurse, and she is so cute in her nurse's uniform.
They all do a great job, and it is such a good experience to bring drama into their lives!
(other than that which occurs at home, hahaha)

I have not been playing tennis which is very upsetting to me. I have had a hurt wrist for a long time. When it finally really started to sting every time I hit a forehand, I knew that I should get to the doctor. So, I went and he thought it was a ligament at first. After an MRI, he said it was inflammation in my wrist joint. I have to wear a soft brace and take anti-inflammatory medication for two weeks. Then I will go back and see him, and how it is progressing.
In my opinion, it just makes my wrist stiff...and I am not consistent in always wearing it. I wear it a lot, but when I am washing the dishes how can I wear it? I can't get it wet because then it will be gross and smelly!

We are leaving for the Amazon soon. We will be spending a day in the city of Manaus, and then boarding a boat with 14 other people, all of which we know, to cruise the Amazon. We are all very excited about this trip. It has been in the planning for a year now!
It is mostly a fishing adventure for the guys, but the boat captain is throwing in some eco-adventures for us also! It should be a blast! I can't wait to see and hear all the creatures!
We are planning on having a traditional Thanksgiving on the boat. He found turkeys for us, and we told him we would cook that day!
I am making the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. Other ladies are making pecan pie, stuffing, green bean casserole, etc...
I think this is going to be a very exciting Thanksgiving for us all!

I wish you all a blessed and feast-full Thanksgiving. Enjoy the company of those that are around you, and give Thanks for everything that we are all blessed with in our lives.

I am thankful for my family, our health and happiness and the joy that every day life brings into my world. My friends are wonderful and I want to say thank you to all of them that bring laughter and fun into my life....

Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

mythopolis said...

Hope it is a wonderful time! And bring back pictures!!! : )

Scriber's Web said...

First, you are not a bad blogger at all so stop trying to beat yourself up. I truly enjoy reading about your adventures and would absolutely hate it if you stopped. Enjoy your trip, have fun with your family and let us know about it when you get back.

Happy thanksgiving!

Betty W said...

That will certainly be a very different Thanksgiving! But fun, I´m sure!

lizzy-loo said...

how great that you were able to get thanksgiving organized. it sounds like a blast.

Beverlydru said...

Blogging is guilt-free. No such thing as a bad blogger... thus saith Beverlydru. : )
I look forward to your reporting on your Amazon trip!! Awesome. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Gabriela said...

I'll miss you! B did awesome in the play-she is so cute. :)

Have fun and hurry back.

Love, Gabs

Fabiola said...

Have fun up there.... Be safe and take care with all the hot weather.

Fabiola

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

FancyHorse said...

I've been away, too. I have some catching up to do!

That sounds like it will be a very different and fun-filled Thanksgiving!